Hey, this is Sean. Welcome!
I want to tell you a little bit about what this site is and make some recommendations of where to go next.
I write and speak about realistic (and effective) strategies for making lasting changes for your fitness and fat loss goals. Since the fitness industry is ripe with A LOT of dumb and harmful ideas, I also create content that debunks these problematic ideas and helps you become a more savvy ‘consumer’ of fitness and nutrition.
First, Here’s what you WON’T find here:
- Fear-mongering about foods that you “must avoid”.
- “Secrets” for fast fat loss. Actually, there’s ONE secret for fast fat loss… stop pursuing fast fat loss and you’ll have faster fat loss over the coming months and years!
- “Extreme” diets and workout plans. I invite you to have the courage to approach your goals reasonably. Reasonability = sustainability. Write that shit down – that’s brilliant… I should copyright it or something.
- Pitches for overpriced and/or gimmicky diet supplements. Ummm…I like magnesium at bed time, but you don’t have to buy that from me (though I’d be happy to give you an amazon link where I could earn 5 cents).
And here’s what you WILL find here:
- Exercise and nutrition information that is not only based on science, but also with a firm grip on practical reality. I’m going to make an educated guess that working out and eating kale isn’t your full time job – so let’s make all this healthy-fitnessy stuff work for your real life.
- Strategies for creating incremental and lasting changes to your lifestyle so your eating and moving habits support your health and fitness goals
- Occasional profanity and frequent references to ice cream (because it’s delicious).
Things you should look at:
You should know that all of my best content goes directly to people on my email mailing list. Sometimes I link to a new blog post, but most of the time I write exclusive content straight to you in the email itself. You can get on my email list by entering your email address to receive the “21 Habits for Lasting Fat Loss” guide that I made with Amber Rogers (plus you get a few other freebies). You can get in on that action HERE.
I also share a lot of exclusive content directly to my private Facebook group, including but not limited to answering the questions that come up in the group. You don’t even need to give me your email address to join the group – just click the button to request to join.
Oh, and I added a tab to my website that says “Podcasts”, so I guess I need to go buy a microphone and start recording.
Some blog posts that may help bring you up to speed here:
Who YOU Are:
Well, you probably have a better idea of who you are than I do (I see you there in your pajamas, Sally in Tacoma, Washington). But you’re probably wondering if you’re in the right place – so I’ll talk about who appreciates and benefits from my content.
You either have been on and off “dieting” for a LONG time or you’re just looking to get started with some lifestyle changes. You know that drastic changes yield frustrating results – so you’re looking to benefit from the most effective approach there is – the realistic approach.
You may be totally brand new to exercise or have significant experience – but don’t want to be a slave to the treadmill and plod along for 10 hours a week. Who has time for that?
I’ll do my best to create content on this site, in my email newsletter, and in my free Facebook group that helps you to make the changes you need to get the results you want and not have to get carried away with unsustainable diet and exercise programs.
I’m glad you’re here. If you need to reach me, you can either use my contact form or email directly if you subscribe to my newsletter.
P.S. I wanted this page to be all about you and what you can expect here – but if you want to learn more about me, then check out my about page.